Re: [whatwg] New URL Standard from Anne van Kesteren on 2012-09-24 (public-whatwg-archive@w3.org from September 2012)

From: Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:19:02 +0200
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, uri@w3.org
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Anne,

On Oct 23, 2012, at 12:50 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I did not start out by looking at what is wrong with STD 66 but rather
> with what browsers and to a lesser extent curl/wget etc. are doing.
> Unfortunately I don't have a Windows license. So making such a list of
> issues would take a rather large chunk of my time that given past
> experience I'm not sure is worth it.

I find that rather odd.

You insist there is some problem that requires changing one of the two core specifications of the Web. But you are not willing to invest time and a bit of money to help producing the problem data that several of the people having authored these specs would like to see to understand your perceived problem?

If the problem is indeed there, I think it would be very much worthy of your time to try to persuade these people that it exists. And from all I know, they usually listen very closely.

Jan