Re: URIs for media types

hello.

On 2011-03-09 12:34, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> (From what I hear elsewhere in this discussion, it looks like there's no
> need for W3C to do this, but I wanted to clear up the impression that
> hosting this kind of stuff is too dangerous.)

thanks for your clarification, sandro. and yes, i think the URIs should
be iana.org URIs and not w3.org URIs (if HTTP URIs are chosen), and i
have no idea whether IANA did have similar issues with their server
infrastructure so far. i am sure all of this can be done in a way that
works. since the URIs would be intended as identifiers and not really as
links to interact with, the server load would be an unintended byproduct
anyway. but it's good to know that it can be handled without an
excessive amount of effort.

thanks and kind regards,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-6432253 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |