Re: Discussion of Blob URI Scheme for Binary Data Access | IETF

At a quick glance, this proposal seems to be potentially problematic.  The idea
of a URI scheme to access a particular kind of data seems to be questionable
(i.e. at odds with the principles of web architecture).  My initial sense is
that the problem you are addressing should be addressed through content
labelling, not a new URI scheme.

Before asking others to expend time and effort to study what you propose, can
you please explain (or point to an explanation of) what this scheme achieves
that cannot already be achieved using HTTP or other URI schemes?  (You have
partially explained below why file: isn't suitable, but it's not clear from that
what problem/requirement is not addressed by other schemes.)

#g