Fwd: I-D Action: draft-gregorio-uritemplate-05.txt

I have made another attempt to get consensus on the URI Template
spec by removing some of the obscure bits of draft 04 and splitting
the templates into four levels of implementation.  Unfortunately,
I did not have enough time to go back though all the comments on
draft 04 from last year, and there are still a few sections that
are TBD.

I chose the levels based on perceived complexity, but am not wedded
to any specific order or clustering.  For example, it would probably
make more sense to have prefix modifiers in Level 2.

The only radical change to the syntax is changing the default
specifier delimiter from "=" to "|" and then allowing "=" to
appear in the default value.  The suffix, remainder, and labelled
explode modifiers have been removed.

If you have an implementation of URI Templates (or feel like
writing one), please let us know if any of these changes are
unwelcome.  If there are parts of the syntax that need to be
postponed to higher levels (or removed altogether), then let us
all know.

As usual, all draft formats and a diff from 04 are available at

   http://uri-templates.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/spec/

Cheers,

Roy T. Fielding                     <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
Principal Scientist, Adobe Systems  <http://adobe.com/enterprise>