Re: [apps-discuss] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-yevstifeyev-ftp-uri-scheme-04.txt

Hi Frank,
At 10:37 08-07-2011, Frank Ellermann wrote:
>The anonymous:mail construct is also not more state of the art
>for privacy reasons, unless it is a mail address in TLD invalid
>or similar.

   'Anonymous FTP is a means by which archive sites allow general access
    to their archives of information.  These sites create a special
    account called "anonymous".'

   'Providing an e-mail address is a courtesy that allows archive
    site operators to get some idea of who is using their services.'

That's from FYI 24.

Regards,
-sm