Re: Last Call: <draft-gregorio-uritemplate-07.txt> (URI Template)

On 30 November 2011 00:44, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> Not sure what you're saying here; the URI escape syntax is % HEXDIG HEXDIG.

ACK, sorry for the confusion, I used the same ABNF hex. constructs as in
the "literals" section for the square brackets.

> If the literal character "[" occurs in a template, it'll also be copied
> into the result, since that's part of reserved (thanks to gen-delims).

> The intent here is definitely for a processor NOT to need to know what
> part of the URI it's in, since templates can make this ambiguous.

Okay, that was answered my question, when the draft says "anywhere" it
actually means "anywhere", even if the output is no valid UEL.

-Frank