Re: non-HTTP URIs in HTTP requests

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:20:08 -0500
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
Cc: Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu>, Jan Algermissen <algermissen1971@mac.com>, "uri@w3.org" <uri@w3.org>
Hi Noah,

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:15 PM,  <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> The
> question is whether the GET method can be meaningfully implemented on your
> resource,

GET is, by design, uniform; it can be meaningfully implemented for all
resources.  The same goes for most HTTP methods with the exception of
a few defined by the *DAV specifications.

> or more to the point, which status codes are sensible in in

Those are also all uniform too AFAIK, but it's good to raise the
httpRange-14 issue (even though I disagree with its resolution).

Mark.