Re: fb: URIs?

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:13:04 +0100
To: Ira McDonald <blueroofmusic@gmail.com>
CC: Thomas Fruin <thomasfruin@mac.com>, uri@w3.org, David Recordon <davidrecordon@facebook.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
On 17.02.2010 02:13, Ira McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apparently, the 'fb:' pseudo-URI scheme has escaped seriously
> into the visible user environment - the replacement of real 'http:'
> URIs with equivalent (???) 'fb:' URIs described below by Thomas
> is a spectacular bug.

This is what happens when a platform starts to use URIs for things they
weren't designed for. If I recall correctly, this issue has been
discussed on the TAG mailing list a long time ago (once the iPhone SDK
came out?).

Apple is well known for using URIs for things they arent't designed for,
*and* then (consequently?) not registering them (itms and ical come to
mind).

The real question here is: what can we do to educate them?

Best regards, Julian