Re: fb: URIs?

From: Thomas Fruin <thomasfruin@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:48:02 +0100
To: uri@w3.org
Cc: David Recordon <davidrecordon@facebook.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
On 16 feb 2010, at 22:39, Dan Brickley wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Daniel R. Tobias <dan@tobias.name> wrote:
>> I just noticed that the iPhone Facebook app, when you enable its
>> recently-added feature to sync your Facebook friends with your iPhone
>> contacts, inserts URIs for each person of the form:
>>
>> fb://profile/771025267

Unfortunately the FaceBook app doesn't just _insert_ these types of URI's. It also seems to _replace_ already existing URI's of the type http://www.facebook.com/profilename with the new fb:// pseudo URI's.

This means that due to iPhone/Mac syncing, all such URI's that I had manually added to my Mac's contacts have now been converted into fb:// strings, which are unfortunately not very useful on my computer :-( Hopefully this bug will be fixed.

-- Thomas Fruin