Re: URIs in QR (was: URI length statistics "in the wild"?)

On 2010-04-08, Erik Wilde wrote:

> interestingly, goo.gl (google's URI shortener) not only provides short
> URIs, you can also get the QR for any short URI by just appending .qr
> to it (which simply redirects to the google chart API using QR mode):
> [...]

If somebody is truly interested in audio coding of Linked Addresses, I
could perhaps lend a little bit of assistance. But since that stuff goes
well into the DSP department and I'm somebody who you'd steer well off
in your critical path, interested folks should contact me privately and
not expect too much.

(Quite a lot of data can be put into audible frequencies. It's the
practical and protocol issues like coding, error correction, framing,
synch, expected propagation conditions and so on which make the problem
convoluted. With a reasonable design, a typical room and two consumer
grade mobile phones at no more than 1m apart from each other, I see no
reason why 1200-4800bps one-way contacts couldn't routinely be achieved
at .5-.1.0 second latency or so. Might require some asking around,
though, since I'm only privy to the theory and not the practice.)
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - decoy@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-50-5756111, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2