Re: URI length statistics "in the wild"?

From: Bob Aman <bobaman@google.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 11:03:27 -0400
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: uri@w3.org
> Context for this enquiry is an investigation into the use of
> mechanisms like QR Codes

Something of a tangent:

I hesitate to suggest this, since I hate URL shorteners, but in the
context of QR codes, they don't seem too bad.  In my experience,
camera phones have much better success rates reading QR codes
containing smaller payloads, and I think that outweighs the
disadvantage of URL shorteners.  Plus I'm sure many of the people
using QR codes to transmit links are going to be interested in the
analytics that URL shorteners can provide since there won't exactly be
a referrer.

-Bob