Re: URI template: substring for dates

Continuous variables (time, but also space) are probably unsuitable for URI Templates for the reasons mentioned by Mr. Fielding.

The last identifying term does not identify a point in time, but rather a sly duration.  To identify geographic regions by the barycentric coordinate (e.g. the latitude and longitude of City Hall) has the same problem.  I figured out a fix for the geography problem <http://www.rustprivacy.org/primeencoding.zip>, but the time problem will be forever intractable - the left-most term will have to be truncated in order to sort.

The "hash mark" separates the digital from the analog ...

/World/France/Paris (Region)/Paris#AndEverythingThere
/World/UnitedStates/Texas/Paris/MainStreet#AndEverythingThere

Just my 2 cents ...

--Gannon