Re: URI for abstract concepts (domain, host, origin, site, etc.)

I think the problem is that if there's an easy solution for 'hosts' (by
whatever definition), and you consider your problem solved, then the
next week/month/year, somebody else (or it might be you) will come again
and ask for something similar, only on a slightly different (more
general or more specific) level.

It is unclear from your example below whether XRD allows more than one
<Subject> at the same time, but if it does, you are on the right way,
maybe. It may then be possible to add something like <Prefix> (data
applying to all URIs with the same prefix),..., and then sooner or
later, we get to an URI templating language.

I just remembered that the 1999 version of RDF had "aboutEach" and
containers defined by an URI pattern
(see http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-rdf-syntax-19990222/#containers)

As far as I remember, at least the later was discontinued in the 2004
update, but I might be wrong.

Regards,    Martin.