Re: URI for abstract concepts (domain, host, origin, site, etc.)

On 26/6/09 20:36, Xiaoshu Wang wrote:

> The remedy is to define a URI syntax
> for representation.
> A syntax that I have proposed is to insert a (mime-type) after the # sign.
>
> Thus,
>
> "http://danbri.org/foaf.rdf#danbri" denotes a person.
> "http://danbri.org/foaf.rdf#(application/rdf+xml)danbri" denotes an RDF
> node.
> "http://danbri.org/foaf.rdf#(application/xhtml+xml)danbri" denotes an
> HTML element ided "danbri
>
> When a URI owner uses content negotiation, they should make the content
> of each representation consistent. Of course, there could be
> inconsistencies if a user is not careful. But it is no different from
> the case when someonelse makes an inconsistent statement about
> "http://danbri.org/foaf.rdf#danbri".

This is an interesting design! I need to think about it a bit more. I
expect it would cause some pressure for shorter media-type names. Hmm
from http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/ ... "model", hadn't
noticed that... http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/model/ maybe
#(model/rdf)blahblah is worth thinking about too. Not sure this is great
from an I18N perspective, if it forces people to put English script into
IRIs that might otherwise be all in another script...

Dan