Re: [hybi] [Uri-review] ws: and wss: schemes

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> >You've misunderstood.  This would not apply to arbitrary hosts whose
> >name starts with "wss".  Please re-read
> >http://dbooth.org/2006/urn2http/
>
> What hosts would it apply to? One specific one? If it applies to
> exactly one host, then I object to making the scheme rely on a central
> server. We know from experience that this doesn't scale.

There should be no requests to that server.
It's similar to XML namespaces, which should never be dereferenced.

But maybe you have a point.  The mere occurrence of
"http://wss.example.com/some/path" embedded in script in a web page
will probably cause some (non-browser) agents to attempt to fetch the
resource at that URL.  Cheap spidering.

  -- Jamie