Re: URI Templates: done or dead?

From: DeWitt Clinton <dewitt@unto.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 07:46:22 -0700
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>, URI <uri@w3.org>, "Joe Gregorio" <joe@bitworking.org>, "David Orchard" <orchard@pacificspirit.com>, "Marc Hadley" <Marc.Hadley@sun.com>
Well, I hope its not dead, as we still need a standard for URI templates.

I personally agree that it is a little too complex, for the same reasons you
suggest, Mark.  But if no one expresses interest in doing another iteration
on the spec, then I'd still be +1 on shipping it as is rather than dropping
it altogether.  Even in its current form it is quite useful, and I'd be
comfortable implementing it as it stands.

-DeWitt