Re: Error handling in URIs

Frank Ellermann さんは書きました:
> Felix Sasaki wrote:
>

>> See a similar problem and a solution for the usage of the
>> terms "URI" and "IRI" mentioned at
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Jun/0110.html
>>

> Intentionally munging IRI and URI is bad for URI consumers
> with no clue what to do with an IRI.  The <ihost> part is
> not trivial.  Even the XML 1 spec. got it wrong, ending up
> with percent-encoded gibberish for a <host>.  This breaks
> existing software expecting *real* URIs, not IRIs.

the above link points to an approach of not munging IRI and URI, but
making the difference clear. I agree with you looking into IETF specs
only there is no need for that, but different communities have
established different terminology. See also Henry's mail, though I would
not see the difference only between W3C / IETF versus the Web community,
there are many other communities interested in identifiers, and often
the terminology is a mess.

Felix