Re: draft-gregorio-uritemplate-03.txt

I think a profile of the spec is needed for matching. E.g. {a}{b} is
ambiguous for matching since you don't know where {a} ends and {b}
starts in a given URI. We are only using the basic {var} syntax in JSR
311 (http://jsr311.dev.java.net/) for matching.

Marc.

On Jun 24, 2008, at 8:58 PM, Anthony Bouch wrote:

> I've been following the list, and have just looked at Draft 03 of
> the uri
> template spec.
>
> I understand how the uri template specification can be implemented for
> template expansion - but was wondering about template matching. Does
> this
> specification expect that implementers will offer template matching
> - i.e.
> parsing back to variables from a Uri for a given a template?
>
> --Tony

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.