Re: Mixing template variable vocabularies?

On 20/10/2007, at 1:19 PM, James M Snell wrote:

> At this point, I'm really leaning towards wanting Joe to just
> update the
> spec as he described it in his recent note and just let
> implementors go
> off and do their thing with it for a while.

Given that I have to dig around for that, agreed.

> If and when things start to
> get ugly with regards to naming conflicts, etc, we can revise the spec
> with whatever additional level of complexity proves useful.

I was thinking of just working to make sure that a template name
could be a URI, which is just a syntactic change; the other stuff
could be hung onto that at a later date, if necessary.

E.g., we could say that if a var name is surrounded by quotes, it can
contain any URI-legal character, a la:

{,&|name,"http://example.com/location",age}

Simple, and gives us some wriggle room down the road.