Re: News and nntp URIs

Charles Lindsey wrote:

> There has been (one-sided) discussion of it on the ietf-nntp list

Yes, a bunch of proposals to overrule STD 66 already discussed here
a year ago.  A proposal to introduce new features for "news" also
discussed here a year ago:

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.w3c.uri/969> (2006-12-05)

The I-D tries to reflect what I think a majority of folks actually
wanted.  Admittedly I also agree with...

 <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.w3c.uri/1182> (2007-09-21)

> If it goes to IETF Last Call in its present state, I shall object
> vigorously.

Maybe that will help to get new opinions.  There weren't that many
opinions wrt "wildmat" URIs (four, IIRC).

 Frank