Re: Feedback on draft-gregorio-uritemplate-00

From: Joe Gregorio <joe@bitworking.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:11:02 -0400
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "Stefan Eissing" <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, uri@w3.org

On 10/9/06, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> I totally agree, and had thought that's where we ended up (we did a
> lot of last-minute adjustments ;). The template variable name should
> be able to be a full URI, with the full range of allowable characters
> available to it.

We dropped everything but 'unreserved' on the very last edit
before submitting -00.

But I think you can look at what James has written up on
URI Templates in XML[1] and see how we can keep the ABNF
unchanged but still bind that template variable to a URI, even
if the URI isn't what's between the {}'s.

    -joe

[1] http://www.snellspace.com/wp/?p=469

--
Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org