Feedback on draft-gregorio-uritemplate-00

From: Eric Hellman <eric@openly.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:13:27 -0400
To: joe@bitworking.org
Cc: uri@w3.org, Marc.Hadley@sun.com, mnot@pobox.com, dorchard@bea.com

Joe,

Although the design considerations were somewhat different, there is
enough overlap that you'll find it useful to take a look at our
S-Link-S specification.: http://www.openly.com/slinks/SLinkS.html

We currently maintain a library of about 2000 of these, for use in
bibliographic linking to electronic resources.

Originally our motivation was similar to yours- that information
providers would want to publish information about how to liink to the
web sites. That never happened. Instead, we had to go out and
characterize thousands of sites. I would estimate that the subset of
these that could be fully handled with the amount of expressiveness
available in the current version of URI-Templates is between 5 and
10% of the total.

Eric

--

Eric Hellman, Director                            OCLC Openly
Informatics Division