Re: path-abempty in URI

From: Christopher R. Hertel <crh@ubiqx.mn.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 17:17:41 -0600
To: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
CC: uri@w3.org

Frank Ellermann wrote:
:
> In practice file: is the only URI scheme I know that allows an
> empty reg-name (in that case instead of localhost), are there
> any other schemes with a similar "feature" ?

The SMB URI scheme (still in draft) allows:  smb://

That form is used to identify the top of the local workgroup hierarchy (so
it would return a list of locally visible workgroups).

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh@ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh@ubiqx.org