RE: URI and IRI Templating (What did I get myself into?)

Joe Gregorio wrote:
> On the other hand, allowing the template designer a choice in
> how the value is encoded seems like an interesting idea. I
> worry, as usual, that the results will be way too complex to
> be adopted, but let's turn it into a concrete proposal and
> see how far it goes.
>
> So, for example:
>
> Allow a ':' at the end of a variable name to separate out
> options, and then add an option 'enc=<enc>'  where 'enc' could be:
>
> enc="strict"
>    All characters outside (iprivate | iunreserved) are % encoded
>
> enc="sub"
>    Characters outside (iprivate | iunreserved | sub-delims)
> are % encoded
>
> enc="none"
>    No characters are % encoded

What happens in the following example?

	http://bitworking.org/?{a:enc=strict}&{b:enc=sub}&{c:enc=none}

Also, I made two previous posts to the list and nobody has commented on
them. Did anyone get them or did their go to their spam folders?  They were:

1.) Proposed additions to URI Templates
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2006Dec/0010.html

2.) RE: URI and IRI Templating (What did I get myself into?)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2006Dec/0013.html

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/