RE: XMPP IRIs: feedback requested

1)
3920 references 3454 (Stringprep), which references ISO10646 and Unicode3.2,
not UCS2.  There's lots of stuff that's not in the BMP that are still valid
characters in a JID.
Other than that, I think the intro is very good.

2.2)
I think there's a syntax bug in the ABNF.  hier-xmpp in the xmppiri
production doesn't have a definition.  Do you mean ihierxmpp?

Should '%' be in nodeallow or resallow?  Probaby not, since that messes up
pct-encoded.  If not, fix 2.7.2 and 2.8.2 as well.

The resallow production makes me realize, how come "&'<> aren't disallowed
in resourceprep?  Don't they have the same XML consequences as in node?

Using section 3.2 of 3987 to convert to URIs means that IDNs get %-encoded,
not punycoded.  My understanding was that this was Leslies original beef.
How come she didn't have this objection to 3987?

2.3)
Can we have language that says that the auth section is optional if you
already have default credentials?  I think that's right, but am willing to
be talked out of it.

2.5)
Do we ever need to do more than one action at a time?  Example: presence-sub
and roster update for nick.  I suppose we could update JEP-147 so that
?subscribe or ?roster or ?something-new does both. ?rostersub;name=Romeo for
example.

Can the examples use "example-node" rather than "random-node"?  They aren't
really random, and I don't want people to think they can send to a random
person this way.

2.7.3)
(nitpick) Maybe a note that points out that &#x159; and &#x10D; are already
in stringprep canonical form?  Maybe it will save someone else from wanting
to double-check... :)

5)
Maybe mention SPIM due to harvesting (same as mailto)?
No passwords in the iauthxmpp section, unlike http: or ftp:.  Aren't needed
since we have SASL ANONYMOUS.

--
Joe Hildebrand