Re: email address in a URI

I have looked through this discussion for an update of
draft-duerst-mailto-bis (to go out in an hour or so).

I agree that Etan's proposal is more elegant, but more
complicated. I personally prefer Frank's more straight-
forward proposal, and will go with it for the next draft.
But as I'm not an expert, please look at that draft
when it comes out and send comments. (including the
examples section, where I have added three examples
provided by Frank).

I have also changed
    1.  All characters that can appear in "mailbox" but are reserved or
        not allowed in URIs have to be percent-encoded.  Examples are
        parentheses, commas, and the percent sign ("%"), which commonly
        occur in the "mailbox" syntax.

    1.  All characters that can appear in "addr-spec" but are not in the
        unreserved category in [RFC3986] have to be percent-encoded.
        Examples are parentheses, commas, and the percent sign ("%"),
        which commonly occur in the "addr-spec" syntax.

This leaves the spec the same, but takes care of the fact that
the definition of reserved characters changed from RFC 2396 to
RFC 3986. Maybe there would no longer be a need for escaping
parentheses, but it's likely that changing the spec that way
would create problems in some applications.

I have also added Tim, Frank, and Etan to the ack section;
please tell me if you don't want that.

Regards,    Martin.