Re: RFC 2822 email addresses in tag URIs

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:12:35 +0200
To: uri@w3.org

Tim Kindberg wrote:

> The context here is tag URIs, not mailto URIs.  Tags are
> opaque identifiers.  It's the minting of them -- in
> particular, the ability of humans to mint them unaided --
> where the issues lie.

Are you in touch with the IMA folks, John Klensin and others ?
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-ima-framework-00

It's at a very early stage, and I won't bet that it flies in
the next years, but OTOH it would be a bad plan if you limit
tag URLs _unnecessarily_ in a way that cannot work with future
I18N Mail Addresses (= IMA).
                            Bye, Frank