Re: [schemeProtocols-49] New draft of proposed "URI Schemes and Web Protocols" Finding

On 11/28/05, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> So, HTTP Upgrade seems to make sense only if the Video protocol is going
> to use the same transport-layer connection.  Interesting question: should
> the application invoking HTTP know or care what connection(s) the Video
> protocol might use?

Yes, I think so.  If VIDEO required, say, two UDP streams instead of a
single TCP connection, then the client shouldn't use Upgrade to negotiate
for its use.

  Likewise for a P2P protocol?  Why indeed should the
> application know how how many transport-layer connections HTTP is using?

So that it can use Upgrade? 1/2 8-)

Mark
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.        http://www.markbaker.ca