Re: News and nntp URI schemes

Charles Lindsey wrote:

 [* within or instead of a group]
> It seems that Lynx, at least, already supports something
> pretty close to that, and it should also make Al Gilman
> happy.

It would also make me happy.  Please add credits for the
old draft-gilman and simplify the syntax based on this idea:

| newsURI     = "news:" ( article / group / all-groups )
| article     = [ news-server "/" ] message-id
| group       = [ news-server "/" ] newsgroup-name
| all-groups  = news-server [ "/" ]

Allowing a "*" as or within a newsgroup-name implicitly covers
<news:*> as 1768-compatible construct, and the note "some UAs"
(or similar) in draft-gilman also makes it clear that this is
_not_ generally supported.

Already mentioned in UseFor, I've tested your idea to reserve
"?" and "#", and my stoneage Mozilla 3 told me that that's ok.:

<URL:http://article.gmane.org/gmane.test:2092:raw>

                       Bye, Frank