Re: Mailing ilst for review (was [Uri-review] Re: FW: Last Call: 'Domain Name System UniformResource ...)

On Mar 3, 2005, at 6:53 PM, Leslie Daigle wrote:
> So, you are proposing (implicitly) that the IETF ask the W3C URI IG to
> carry out a review process for its (the IETF's) registration process.
>
> And I think that
>
> 	1/ The W3C URI IG has other interesting things to do!

Well, actually, this IG is chartered to provide exactly this sort of
review:

"The scope of the URI Interest Group encompasses:

     * review of URI/IRI issues between W3C and the IETF, including
monitoring maintenance of the IANA URI scheme registry"
  -- http://www.w3.org/2004/07/uri-ig-charter.html#scope

> 	2/ Not every URI registrant should have to expose themselves
> 	   to that wide-ranging disscussion just to get their URI
> 	   scheme through IETF process, and

I guess I can see that point. I'm not sure whether I agree.

> 	3/ The basic mechanics of the mailing lists may differ --
> 	   e.g., in terms of membership management policies, archiving,
> 	   etc.

That one is also covered in the charter too: