Re: mailto URIs

Larry Masinter wrote:

> I'm working on responding to Bruce Lilly's comments
> on the 'mailto' URI specification (from April!)

There are two more comments from February:
http://mid.gmane.org/opsl85thzd6hl8nm@clerew.man.ac.uk
http://mid.gmane.org/4210A039.579E@xyzzy.claranet.de

My main concern or objection was to establish UTF-8 as
the default charset for mailto:?body= by a mere example.

For any UA supporting a body= parameter at all, if that
is guaranteed to be _zero_ UAs I've no problem with it.

> Do mailto URIs actually work with:
>    *  Angle-bracket delimiters?
>    *  Comments?
>    *  folding white space?
>    *  non-whitespace controls?
>    *  Quoted strings... etc.

My UA certainly doesn't, part of my second concern with
the mailto draft, it should encourage the support of at
least In-Reply-To=

For Bjoern's example I get his subject and a To: bjoern&
That's an oddity of my browser, it hates hex. character
references, @ instead of @ might work, example:
http://purl.net/xyzzy/mailto/webmaster

Yes, it's ridiculous, I needed something obvious for a
human user but less attractive for an address harvester.

                    Bye, Frank