RE: Last call issue: draft-hansen-2717bis-2718-bis-uri-guidelines

Hi Leslie,

I thought we had responded already, but just in case, please
note that the formal process for registration is "expert review",
not "mailing list review".

> Mailing list review is RECOMMENDED prior to registration, but may also be
> required by the 'Designated Expert' during the 'Expert Review'
> period.

The document explicitly states that the mailing list review is
not formally required. I expect the designated expert to ask for
expert review wherever it seems appropriate, e.g., a URI for
a standards-track protocol should also be reviewed by the appropriate
mailing list(s) for that protocol.

I suppose we could make it even clearer, but I'd really like
to encourage mailing list review even if it isn't formally required.

Larry