Re: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-04.txt

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:05:34 +0100
To: uri@w3.org
Cc: paul.hoffman@vpnc.org

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:

>         Title           : The ftp URI Scheme
>         Author(s)       : P. Hoffman
>         Filename        : draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-04.txt
>         Pages           : 6
>         Date            : 2005-1-3
[...]
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-04.txt

Is that the same as before ?  It still has...

|  ALUN'S CONCERN
|
|  email addresses can be harvested

...instead of a complete sentence in "security considerations".
The news+nntp draft also doesn't reflect the recent discussions.

WAIS and prospero should be ready, they say that nobody uses it
today.  Gopher and telnet are apparently also ready.  The...

| Historical note: The Gopher protocol was widely implemented
| in the early 1990s, but few Gopher servers are in use today.

...is true, but the URL scheme is still very useful for other
protocols.  Bye, Frank