RE: Proposed wording (was: Duplication of provisional URI namespace tokens in 2717/8-bis)

From: Weibel,Stu <weibel@oclc.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:59:50 -0500
To: "Larry Masinter" <LMM@acm.org>
Cc: <uri@w3.org>

Larry wrote:

I think that your proposal is basically to take hansen-permanent and
split it into weibel-permanent and weibel-provisional, and map
hansen-provisional to weibel-vernacular.

if you agree with this analysis: I think it is important that the levels
that require review also assure uniqueness among those schemes that have
passed review; I also think that we should be very careful about what
guarantees for short names whose registration haven't passed any review.

-----
Yes, I think you have characterised my position accurately, and I think
your concern is well founded and should be addressed in any process.