RE: Proposed wording (was: Duplication of provisional URI namespace tokens in 2717/8-bis)

At 09:48 03/02/05 -0500, Weibel,Stu wrote:
>"SHOULD NOT" simply is not strong enough to allow organizations to
>proceed with confidence in deploying business systems that cannot be
>protected from ignorance or malice.

Er, it's quite simple:  organizations SHOULD NOT (sic) deploy business or
other critical systems that depend on provisional registrations.  That is
intended.  Isn't that clear?

For email header fields, and by my understanding of the URI scheme
proposal, the permanent registry does guarantee uniqueness.

#g
--