Re: XMPP IRIs: feedback requested

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Feedback is requested before I ask the IESG to initiate
> a standards action with regard to the spec.

Are you and the Jabber community sure that you want the
"authority" headaches ?  mailto: gets away without it.

In 2.7.2 I'm lost, your (Unicode) input is...

     <ji&#x159;i@&#x10D;echy.example/v Praze>

...and the resulting IRI is...

<xmpp:ji&#x159;i@&#x10D;echy.example/v Praze>

Twice as nothing happens ;-)  I'd expect some
percent encoded UTF-8 for the "r with caron",
ji%C5%99i@...

For the domain ...@%C4%8Dechy.example I've no
tool to convert it to IDNA, if that's what you
really wanted.

Finally the "resource" should be v%20Praze (?)

So I'd expect something in the direction of...
<xmpp:ji%C5%99i@xn--echy-??.example/v%20Praze>
...where ?? is a placeholder for the trick to
insert u+10D before "echy".

Sorry, I'm not familiar with IDNA / IRIs, so
maybe I got it _completely_ wrong.  But one
thing is sure, you can't have an unencoded SP
in an URI, at least the "v Praze" is wrong.

              Bye, Frank