RE: Review of IETF netann Draft

Just for review: The netann draft suggests that multifunction media servers have common user names associated with the device.  Those common user names are services at the device.

As is stated in the draft, these user names are not user names *in the domain*, but are user names *at the device*.  There are no human users, other than the ones defined in the draft, at the media server device.  How (really, "if") they are addressed in the domain is beyond the scope of the draft.

Even though there will never be a name collision at the device, people have expressed concern (confusion?) about the user names being domain-wide.  In that case, name collision is possible.

The suggestions on the URI list (here) is to prepend or postfix something to the suggested user names.

What would people think about prepending "__sip-" to the user name.

This would result in a different set of user names:

  OLD         NEW
 annc       __sip-annc
 dialog     __sip-dialog
 conf       __sip-conf

Would that be obfuscating enough to ensure a non-collision?