Re: BOF Request for URIREV04

Hello Larry, others,

Just some tweaks/clarifications to the agenda of the BOF.

At 15:39 04/07/15 -0700, Larry Masinter wrote:

>(Area director, please copy your approval to agenda@ietf.org)

[I have removed 'agenda@ietf.org' and 'secretariat@ietf.org', but
please feel free to add them in again.]

>BOF Full Name:  Uniform Resource Identifier Revisions - 2004  (URIREV04)
>Area: Applications
>Conflict: Other applications
>Expected attendence: 25
>Number of slots: 1
>Length of slot: 1 hour
>

>Agenda:
>
>There are several URI specifications undergoing review for
>which a face-to-face open discussion would be useful, in order
>to clear up any remaining issues. This is a request for IETF
>meeting space to move these documents forward.
>
>Agenda time will be split evenly between these topics:
>

>1.  RFC 2396 revision
>       draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-05.txt

This should be draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-06.txt now.

>   (Roy Fielding)
>

>2.  Revise "Guidelines for URI schemes" (RFC 2718)
>   Update "vnd and prs Trees"
>       draft-king-vnd-urlscheme-03.txt
>   Discussion of problematic schemes.
>   (Ted Hardie)
>
>3. Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRI)
>      draft-duerst-iri-08.txt

This should be draft-duerst-iri-09.txt now.

>      draft-duerst-idn-uri-03.txt

This draft does no longer exist (expired). It made a proposal that
was discussed shortly at the BOF in SF in March 2003, but did not
meet much enthusiasm at that time.

The essence of the draft (namely to allow percent-encoding in reg-name,
fixed to UTF-8) was later integrated into 2396bis when it became clear
that this was the most straightforward way to deal with non-DNS
registry names. The IRI draft has been adapted accordingly.
I do not think that there is any need to discuss this issue in particular.

Regards,    Martin.