Re: FW: fragment prose proposal

From: Tony Hammond <thammond_2004@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:00:28 +0000
To: fielding@gbiv.com
Cc: uri@w3.org

Hi Roy:

>The open source applications don't seem to have any
>of the problems you describe.

Not sure wat you mean by 'open source applications' here. I've never seen a
browser yet that understood what a generic URI is, be it mozilla, firefox,
etc.

(Of course, I realize that client s/ware extends beyond the limited remit of
browsers but those are the principal apps by which most folks interact with
the web, And if they don't get it, then will anyone? Not sure how much
support for generic URI there is in s/ware libraries either.)

Tony