Re: uri handling of hosts is too restrictive

Accepting the rest of your rationale, I'd like to check this...

At 17:13 15/02/04 -0800, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>So, the answer is that the syntax is no longer restricted to that
>of DNS (as is true in practice), that percent-encoding within
>the name syntax must represent UTF-8 if it is ever used (for future
>compatibility), and the specification prose says that implementers
>should use the syntax of DNS for globally-scoped names.

Do you mean DNS here (which places very few restrictions on the syntax) or
that indicated by the Internet host requirements (RFC1122/1123 and friends)?

#g

Graham Klyne
For email:
http://www.ninebynine.org/#Contact