Re: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-news-nntp-uri-03.txt

At 12:56 PM +0000 12/17/04, Charles Lindsey wrote:
>I have only just got around to reading this, and I was disappointed
>that it had not taken on board the texts and discussions on this
>list since draft-02.

Charles, I'm fine with your changes, but there is a very good reason
why I didn't simply pull in every suggestion that was made: we're
inventing new stuff here. The purpose of this document is to re-state
what is in 1738 and clarify. If you want it to also make up new
things, that's fine; but that's not what I was trying to do.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium