Re: draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-07 ABNF

From: Bruce Lilly <blilly@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:34:59 -0500
To: uri@w3.org
Cc: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>

On Mon December 6 2004 12:00, Graham Klyne wrote:

> >Are there any implementations using the ABNF as specified in the draft?
>
> My Haskell implementation [1] is hand-coded, but attempts to follow the
> given syntax very closely.  But my approach is top-down, not LALR, so that
> probably doesn't answer your question.

Thanks for the pointers, but you're right that it doesn't answer
my question.  My concern is with the specification of the
grammar, which I believe to be incomplete (and therefore
unimplementable as an LALR parser in a manner which
guarantees interoperability) as there is no specified set of
precedence relationships necessary to resolve the existing
conflicts (ideally, there are no conflicts in a well-designed
grammar).