Re: URI / URL edited at address bar by IE5.5

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have to admit that would be very handy (very) and you guessed right
about the typo.  :)

IE5.5 converts @www.foo.bar.8080 in the addressbar but rich text does not
(it looks for www in rich text for email, etc - where it then adds a http://
before the www - but no luck for foo.bar:8080 as you most likley know of).
I am very lazy by nature and @ is quicker then entering http:// etc so I
normaly don't get to play with http.  My ed of IE5.5 hangs sometimes without
the http.

Perhaps I should also of asked if there was a standard for applications and
even the os in regards to such 'wildcards' (but I presume that its buyers
choice in this regard - or perhaps something could be started in these
areas).

And again, I do thankyou for time and efforts in confirming that it is an
addin by microsoft for users.

:)

Chears.
Kindest regards,
Jason Robinson

PS:  I am still puzzled a bit by the /// conversion for 2 dots.