Re: test cases and implementation reports

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:09:08 +0900
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
Cc: uri@w3.org

At 18:20 04/04/20 -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>>I have created a testing page at http://www.w3.org/2004/04/uri-rel-test.html
>>to make (manual) testing of the implementations in various browsers easy.
>
>Is there some reason you didn't use the test page I provided?
>Or is the link to it simply too obscure?

Sorry, yes, I guess so. It's difficult to retrospectively
analyze where I got misled, but apart from my sleepiness,
I can see two points:
- The "examples in spec" table, where in particular 'report'
   isn't clear, it might have looked like a report of verifying
   the examples, rather than a link to the test page. Integrating
   the content in that table into the main test case table would
   probably help.
- The text in the actual link: Replace file name with description,
   such as "Test page".

Regards,     Martin.