Re: exploring ambiguity via the "something-which-has" URI scheme

pat hayes wrote:

> You seem to be saying that people can disagree about facts but they
> have to agree about the objects that the facts are 'about'. That's not
> a viable distinction to make, though. If you allow them to disagree,
> then one of the ways they can disagree is about what they are talking
> about. Suppose for example one of them asserts that A=B and the other
> one disagrees; he thinks that A=/=B. They can't possibly be agreeing
> about what they are talking about, since one of them sees two things
> where the other only sees one thing. Whatever the second guy is
> talking about, it can't possibly be what the first one was talking
> about. (Equality is the meat and potatoes of OWL-style reasoning, so
> this isn't an arcane distinction, it arises all the time. )

Well Im glad you said that :)   But  where does that leave us?   It
seems to me that if you allow that A might_not_= A, then all of your
classical logic is just stopped dead in its tracks and is utterly
useless.    I have expressed this perdicament in the mentograph below:

http://robustai.net/mentography/3laws.jpg

Help ?

Seth Russell