RE: exploring ambiguity via the "something-which-has" URI scheme

Hi Patrick:

Perhaps a better link for OpenURL (sic) would be

	http://library.caltech.edu/openurl/Public_Comments.htm

which provides relevant links to the Part 1 and Part 2 draft documents. "The
OpenURL Framework for Context-Sensitive Services" is an ANSI/NISO draft
standard (Z39.88-2003) which last week entered a 6-month Trial Use following
a period of Public Comments. The OpenURL Framework describes a generic means
for bundling contextualized identifier/metadata packages for mediating
services. This draft standard defines a suite of transports for these
packages using HTTP/S GET/POST methods - the OpenURL. The architecture is
designed to be extensible to new application domains and to use new
transport methods - eg SOAP.

Tony

Tony Hammond

Advanced Technology Group, Elsevier Ltd