Re: How does one specify a fragment relative to base document?

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:42:28 -0800
Cc: uri@w3.org
To: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>

> The URI spec [1] is quite explicit about stating that when resolving
> #frag relative to some base URI, it refers to a fragment the *current
> document* as distinct from the base URI;  cf. algorithm in section > 5.2.
>
> #g
> --
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/~fielding/uri/rev-2002/rfc2396bis.html
>
> (I'm using this latest work-in-progress as a reference, but, without
> explicitly checking, I think the current spec says the same.)

Yes, but note that the following issue

http://www.apache.org/~fielding/uri/rev-2002/issues.html#017-rdf-
fragment

is a request to change that algorithm.  The only way that can be
accomplished is by changing the spec to remove the bit about current
document and instead replace the empty URI with the base URI, later
stating that a retrieval action must not take place if the new URI
differs from the base URI only by its fragment.

....Roy