proposed 'vnd-' and 'prs-' URI scheme trees

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:40:28 -0700
To: <uri@w3.org>
Cc: "Ian King" <iking@microsoft.com>

As requested, I started to work on the update of Ian King's
(stagnant) draft on 'vnd' URI schemes.

However, I've made substantial changes to Ian's draft, based
on comments about the use of '-' for alternative trees
in RFC 2717 (instead of 'vnd.' it uses 'vnd-'); I've also
changed some of the proposed processes based on what
I think will fly with IANA. To correspond to the MIME
process, I allowed schemes without a vendor name.

The document is still very much 'in progress'. I haven't
heard back from Ian in a while since I pinged him, so
I thought I would go ahead and circulate a pointer.

http://larry.masinter.net/vndurl.html

"The vnd and prs Trees for URI Scheme Names"

Also as

http://larry.masinter.net/vndurl.txt
http://larry.masinter.net/vndurl.xml

My guess is that this should be coordinated with RFC 2396bis.

Comments? Suggestions? Please look at 'security considerations'
section.

It's missing 'Appendix A' which is the registration form.

Larry