Re: URI (file://localhost URIs, how not to abbreviate)

The URI you want, spelled in full, is
file://localhost/d:/users/abaqus60/utils/generated/doc_env/doctypes/catalog

which may sometimes be abbreviated
file:///d:/users/abaqus60/utils/generated/doc_env/doctypes/catalog

In situations where the 'file' scheme is not firmly established by a BASE in
the context, the 'authority' part of the URI should not be elided, although
it may be as brief as '///' in this case.

Consider:

<quote cite=
"http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2396/Output/chapter5.html">
     4. Due to a loophole in prior specifications [RFC1630], some
        parsers allow the scheme name to be present in a relative URI if
        it is the same as the base URI scheme. Unfortunately, this can
        conflict with the correct parsing of non-hierarchical URI. For
        backwards compatibility, an implementation may work around such
        references by removing the scheme if it matches that of the base
        URI and the scheme is known to always use the <[27]hier_part>
        syntax. The parser can then continue with the steps below for the
        remainder of the reference components. Validating parsers should
        mark such a misformed relative reference as an error.
</quote>

Al