Re: fragment identifiers applied before entire content is retrieved

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 12:17:40AM -0700, Larry Masinter wrote:
> The fragment identifier can be interpreted by the user agent
> before "the retrieval action has been successfully completed"
> but after it's been successfully initiated. For example,
> in HTML pages, the browser can scroll to the identified
> fragment as soon as it's been parsed, and not wait until
> the _entire_ document has been retrieved.

In the context of interpretation and not processing (which I'd
classify the scroll action you describe as), I'd say that the fragid can
be interpreted as soon as the (authoritative) media type of the
representation is determined.

MB